Giao lưu cờ vuaOtterbein University provides a coherent, developmentally-responsive teacher preparation program that prepares teachers to create and work within diverse learning communities that maximize the potential of all learners.
Giao lưu cờ vuaDepartment of Education
Getting a degree in Education at Otterbein University means you will be ready for excellence in the classroom and beyond. Your instructors care about preparing teachers, and they will show you how to implement the latest cutting-edge, developmentally- and culturally-responsive teaching methods.
Some of the methods you will learn in the program include: project-based learning, the 4Cs and 21st century technologies, inclusive and differentiated literacy workshops, experiential and team-based learning, and culturally-relevant pedagogy. Teacher candidates at Otterbein become exceptional teachers, and they are ready to teach at any school, from the first day on the job!
Why become a teacher at Otterbein?
- Our rich tradition in the liberal arts curriculum gives you an edge in thinking independently, critically and empathetically, and these are the skills that define the foundation of exceptional teaching.
- Our field experiences, which are internship experiences at area schools, begin the first year of your program, setting us apart from other teacher preparation programs.
- Otterbein’s location in Westerville, just north of Columbus, puts you within 15 minutes of large urban, large suburban, small suburban and large rural districts.
- Our curriculum is designed to provide you with a variety of school experiences with a diverse range of learners, so you’re prepared to teach at any school.
- Developing your teaching style takes time, so we support that with the hands-on classroom teaching through all four years of the program.
In addition to undergraduate education programs, we also offer graduate degrees or programs for those seeking initial teacher licensure as well as endorsements for licensed teachers!